Sunday, December 19, 2010

Ear Pump Pro



Hey all, I finally replaced that old, defective LG default ear piece (from my GT540) with a Sonic Gear ear pump pro bought at the electronics fair held at Suntec over this weekend. Awesome sounds considering I have been using an out ear earphone ever since my old Sonic Gear ear piece died on me. This one comes with travel adapters including a splitter (so that two people can listen from the same source), an airplane adapter (which I have not figured out what its for), a carrying case (which actually looks quite stylish) as well as 6 extra rubber tips of different sizes. Oh and not forgetting the ear piece itself. For the specs, anyone can just check it out at http://www.sonicgear.com.sg/?id=2&bcid=3&pcid=29&pid=231. Instead, I will just share my own experience. The first thing I realized when I plugged these things in was the rubber tip's ability to block out ambient noises. Although it is not completely sound proof, it was definitely better than average. Next, I turned on the volume and at once noticed that the sound was not as solid as I had expected although the drivers are admittedly quite small. However, sound quality is clear and can be heard on the lowest volume on Windows with my wall fan turned on to the maximum settings. Overall, I would recommend those who are on a tight budget and those who travel often to get this ear piece. However, audiophiles will find that this pair would not fulfill their gadget lust.

By the way, I don't think 'audiophiles' and 'gadget lust' would qualify as tech-jargons but i'll just explain them to avoid any misunderstandings. Audiophiles refer to a specific group of people who are bent on getting their music in top quality and would probably scrutinize the technical specifications and cross-reference it to their in-brain database before purchasing a particular product. A common characteristic that can be used to distinguish them would be their willingness to spend exorbitant amounts of cash to get that dream sound system. Gadget lust refers to the craving of a particular person for new technological gadgets.

More about my personal life, I am finally going to work on my FLL robot tomorrow! Hope everything comes out fine. I am currently charging my camera and hopefully, I will remember to pack it in tomorrow so that I can upload some shots of it.

Blogger seems to have a technical glitch. I am adamant that I saw 3 page visits from Malaysia. However, it is 1 today. Interesting hit disappearance.

No comments:

Post a Comment